Thursday, October 18, 2007

sRGB or AdobeRGB?

Come to think of it, it's been a really long time since I made any real posts. Lately, I've just been posting youtube shit and random short things. I'm going to try to post at least one real post a week, try to keep this blog alive. The day before yesterday I had a look around this blog, went far back and found some things I totally forgot posting about. Which reminded me, why I started blogging in the first place. Help me remember things.... and make fun of people. Okay, more of the second one. Since I have the k10 now, all those pictures I've taken also help me remember things. They're like triggers, which help get those stored memories back.

So what are all the things I'm up to now.... Trying to get my head around color spaces, I can't figure out which is the safest to use, or best. But best isn't necessarily the "best" , I mean I guess it all really depends on what it's for. Ahhhh fuck, this is annoying. sRGB looks great on the monitor, but is it really what I saw? There's so many things I don't know about it. I currently shoot in AdobeRGB, but I save my exports for web in sRGB. Still need to read this PDF on color management by Adobe, but I got work. Oh did I mention all the school work. I wish I would just win the damn lottery, then I could actually spend my life doing things I like/want to do!!

Anyways, I'll keep this blog going. It's got too much shit to crap up now. For now, heres a picture I just finished working on:
blue jeans

1 comment:

cls said...

I used to shoot in adobeRGB but then I read somewhere there are compatability issues with the format. So i switched back to sRGB (last week actually) because i was told that itll look great on every monitor.
I think for adobeRGB to work, you'd have to work with it in photoshop/lightroom.
More research at 11.