Saturday, June 18, 2005

Dr. Pv


Thursday night, LINDA got hot, very hot. I didn't realize she was so hot, till she started hanging when I rebooted her. Through BIOS I found her core temperature to be of 82°C, my LINDA had a terrible fever! I quickly shut her down and let her cool. What could be causing this sudden heat? Mark and I had a discussion about it, and agreed it most probably be the heatsink not being in good contact with LINDA's brain.

This afternoon, I decided I would operate. I opened her up, everything seemed fine. Cept for a thick layer of dust on the top of the heatsink. I got a earbud and cleaned it off, plugged her back in, and she's back to running at a nice high 30's low 40's temp. Damn those dust bunnies!!! And thats how Linda was cured from high fever.

On a lighter note, I was reading Ms. Gold Digger's blog (A.K.A Courtney) and she reminded of a certain battery that once hit Fatima on the back of the head in the caf. I just happen to have that battery with me, for memories of course. :D Sorry Fatima!


1 comment:

prasanth said...

you see that Fatima? it was his idea!