Monday, March 19, 2007

AKIRA


Very nostalgic watching this again. The first time I saw it, it was with Jason when we were about 12 or 11. I didn't even know what Anime was, or that this was even anime. We just liked the gore and partial nudity :D It also didn't make any sense to me, all I knew was this kid named Akira has some super-natural powers. It was also the first time I heard of the Kelvin scale. Akira was stored at a temperature of 0.005°K, which is -272.9995°C. Of course I didn't know that then, but I did notice that room looked awfully cold, practically frozen. Absolute zero is reached at 0°K (-273.15°C), so yeah, they REALLY wanted that thing frozen (and for a good reason). The detail is amazing in the animation, from pieces of paper flying in the wind to some huge-ass exploding muscle creature in the end. Yeah, great movie, watch it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelvin isn't measured in degrees...it's just K....so it would be 0.005K not 0.005°K...but interesting nonetheless

prasanth said...

NEEERRRDDDDD